BGI's primary mission is producing people friendly spaces while achieving a perfect balance of aesthetics, economy and market appeal all within a deep respect for the surrounding environment.
The planning, development and marketing of communities in the 21st century requires an expanded palette of principles and strategies to address people's changing wants and needs. Guiding Principles and Strategies are provided in creating a shared vision to provide meaningful and special places for the future.
1. Vision, Visionary Leadership and Purpose
2. Market Driven Strategic Planning and Positioning
3. Market Segmentation and Product Diversification
4. Absorption and Market Share
5. Land and Net Present Value Optimization
6. Consumer and Customer Orientation
7. Lifestyle and Life Stage Targeting
8. Community/Village/Neighborhood Framework and Hierarchy
9. Village-/Amenity-Focused Planning and Phasing
10. Vision Presentations, Design Guidelines and Development Codes
11. Shared Vision of Strategic Alliance Partners and Organizational Effectiveness
12. Health and Wellness
13. Education and Lifelong Learning
14. Social Infrastructure and Soft Programming
15. Community Governance
16. Safety and Security
17. Information and Telecommunications Technology
18. Environmental Sensitivity, Sustainable Development and Smart Growth
19. Green and Sustainable Building
20. Cultural Diversity and the Arts
21. Sense of Place, People Gathering Places and Walkability
22. Visually Enhanced and Aesthetically Pleasing Environments/Vitruvius
23. Neighborhood Diversity - A New Urbanism/Suburban Eclectic
24. Blend of the Natural and Man-Made Environments
25. Developer/Builder Relationships and Land Transactions
26. Affordable Housing
27. Integration of Complementary Land Uses and Transportation
28. Economic Development, Jobs/Housing Balance, and Employment
" Make no little plans. They have no passion to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized"
Architect Daniel Burnham 1907.