- The advantages of BGI’s Total Development Management System stem from the background disciplines of the key company personnel, while independently varied, as a close knit group result in providing a single, homogeneous and efficient unit taking full responsibility for the Project by contract, organization and operation.
- Where most Development contracts usually contain independent design, construction and cost control service companies resulting in a pyramid of fees, our unique Company structure provides cohesive in-house expertise in each of the above disciplines with associated economic benefits in addition to greater and closer co-operation (i.e. no split responsibility).
- The Owner Group, through the Development Managers, has available to it, co-ordinated advice on the programme and time/cost feasibility from all key experts on the Project.
- The association of responsibilities and lines of communication are simpler and can be established more clearly.
- The decisions as to method of procuring Contracts and appropriate systems of building can be taken at a desirably early stage.
- The method of dealing with department or design changes can be determined and planning can reflect the need for these provisions.
- With the design being supervised by our design department, an organization is established which allows for comprehensive time and cost control with our other in-house departments resulting in a balance between economy and quality on all facets of the Project.
- BGI’s total Development Management system relieves the designer from involvement in administrative tasks such as checking Trade Contract extras and progress billings which can be carried out by our Construction Management department thereby allowing more concentrated quality control.
- Cost planning ensures that the Owner Group receives good value for its investment by guiding the design efficiency without compromising aesthetics.
- The Owner Group, through the Development Managers, has available to it, co-ordinated advice on the programme and time/cost feasibility from all key experts on the Project
- In summary, Total Development Management provides:
1. Clear Project responsibilities
2. Good control of quality through design supervision
3. Control of costs to provide a cost efficient Project
4. Improved scheduling and an early completion date
5. Supervised marketing and sales