BGI Group maintains a strong focus on identifying development sites with maximum potential for added value. Whether for its own accounts or on behalf of its clients, BGI and its principals call upon decades of specialized experience to:
- Source off Market and listed sites for potential Development using BGI proprietary systems.
- Initial internal review of Zoning and Official Plan ( Uses; density / FSI; parking; landscaping; setbacks).
- Legal sub search re: encumbrances; easements; restrictive covenants.
- Search Geowarehouse and MPAC re site history and status.
- Analyze potential sites internally for various Development options related to Market Demand and future trends.
- Negotiate control and financial terms of chosen land parcels through LOI; MOU; Option; conditional APS.
- Complete Due Diligence during conditional period.
- Firm up APS or cancel transaction related to results of Due Diligence.
- Retain 3 part appraisal related to the land and (future) completed project.
- If APS is firm, coordinate equity and financing to advance to Closing.